Re: Some New kind of interference that is showing up at my location

Joe O, KI5FJ

Folks,
I interpret the signal to be approximately 2 kHz bursts spaced every 5 kHz.
See the attached Power Line RFI complaint from a few years ago.

BTW,
 Recently I have decoded a few instances of FT8 signals on 50 MHz that has been described as
" Reflections from high speed aircraft creating a second Doppler shifted signal"

Since my QTH is not far from NAS Oceania and many aircraft,
 I guess this double decoding will become common as the number of FT8 signals cross the flight paths!

73
Joe O, K I 5 F J
VA Beach
NNNN

On Sunday, June 10, 2018, 2:48:41 AM EDT, David R. Hassall, WA5DJJ <dhassall@...> wrote:

Dear Members,

Lately I have been detecting a new kind of interference to my station.   It doesn’t seem to affect many of the grabbers (I expect that is because they are only 200Hz wide) but I run across it on the Amateur Bands when trying to work FT8.  It seems to be around on 20M as well as 6M.   Some here have said it looks like a plasma TV hash.   Since I have never experienced that before I have no clue.   I took a picture of the waterfall spectrum display on my ICOM 7600 so you can see what I am seeing.   Has anyone a clue to what this is?

Any suggestions welcome

Take care and have fun.

73 Dave Hassall WA5DJJ  Las Cruces, New Mexico

QRSS SUPER GRABBER WEBSITE: http://www.qsl.net/wa5djj/

Join main@MVRC-N5BL.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.