Re: FT8 rules on 6M last night

Matthew Durning, KG5HLQ

Novice “builder” here, any recommendations on easy 6meter home brew antenna to build?
KG5HLQ
Matt

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 10:35 AM Bruce Palmer <kt4et.bruce@...> wrote:
Bless you Oh Great Guru. Bless you.

After your email about six got me off my duff to run the coax for the six meter beam to the rig. This morning the rig was changed to six. Immediately logged GA, then AL, now just AR, with another GA between. Wow! So since walking today is not a good thing will see if I can log a few more.

Thank you Oh Great One. What a guy!

In other things.

The chip for the uBITX arrived yesterday. Thankfully when the burned chip was removed a socket was put in place. When powered up it worked well but within .....add TN.....ten minutes it let smoke out. So....it was not something I did to burn it up.

The chip was pulled out. Used the home brew audio tracer to find receiver audio on pin 7 of the socket. Left the rig on for quite a few hours with no issues. Got thinking about it whether the same chip was for mic audio. No it does not. So have a good output with clear transmit audio. An audio amp will be built using an LM386 and the rig will work fine.

At least some parts of my damaged brain work.

Dave you are my hero. Your email and my effort has been a great start of a very painful day.

73

Bruce

On May 4, 2018, at 5:29 AM, David R. Hassall, WA5DJJ <dhassall@...> wrote:

Dear Members,

Last night I worked 15 stations on FT8 on 50.313 MHz  in the Washington, Oregon and Idaho area on 6M between 8PM and 10PM.  It wasn’t tremendously active but I was working stations at a good pace.   Earlier in the afternoon around 4:30 PM I worked two stations in the Houston, Texas area on 6M SSB at 50.125 MHz.   I am expecting the same thing to happen tonight.    Here is the DXMAPS for this morning with a tremendous opening happening in Europe.  Hook your radio up and listen to 6M later on this afternoon.

Here is the DXMAPS picture at 6 AM this morning.

<image001.jpg>

73 Dave Hassall WA5DJJ  Las Cruces, New Mexico

QRSS SUPER GRABBER WEBSITE: http://www.qsl.net/wa5djj/

Join main@MVRC-N5BL.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.